As a leading European firm, Loyens & Loeff is the logical choice when you do business in or from the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg or Switzerland, our home markets. We are an international full-service law and tax firm with cross-border expertise in a wide range of industries. Our clients can count on personal advice from any of our 900 advisers based in one of our home offices or in key financial centers around the world. Thanks to our full-service practice, specific sector experience and thorough knowledge of the market, our advisers understand exactly what clients need.
We make use of our knowledge to deliver smarter service and products to internal and external clients, this in the most efficient and effective way. We aim to leverage our collective knowledge in the context of the cases on which we work, but also content marketing, business development and learning and development.
As a Knowledge Manager, you will have a key role in the knowledge and learning development while working closely with the practice group’s partners, lawyers, managers and the business services.
We are looking for someone who has a clear and proven interest in legal research, takes initiative, comes up with pragmatic solutions for difficult legal questions and is able to turn knowledge into action for our communication with our clients and our BD efforts.
You will support the IT/Data Protection team, while also performing more general tasks to support the broader Litigation and Risk Management practice.
Our IT/Data Protection team is providing strategic advice, drafting contracts and managing litigation in matters of data protection (reviewing compliance documentation, giving GDPR trainings and providing strategic advice on data processing agreements, data transfers, processing of sensitive data, employee privacy, etc.), setting up compliance programs, providing compliance advice, providing assistance in case of daws raid or inspections by regulatory bodies. You will gather information on all relevant developments in the field of privacy and data protection (think of the GDPR, the e-Privacy Regulation, artificial intelligence, blockchain, telecommunications law, etc.). In addition, you will be involved in case law research (in a variety of fields) and you will be asked to contribute to the structuring and updating of the team’s know-how, models and memoranda.
- Managing, structuring and developing the know how of the Litigation and Risk Management department, and especially the IT/Data Protection team;
- Research in the field of complex legal issues within Litigation & Risk Management field in the broad sense;
- Promoting the collection and dissemination of knowledge;
- Organizing and participating in internal team meetings and trainings;
- Organizing and updating the practice group's know how database;
- Organizing training seminars within the practice group and in collaboration with other practice groups;
- Organizing, preparing and delivering the practice group’s knowledge meetings.
- Drafting, updating and digitalizing templates, memoranda, check-lists, models and practice notes for the practice group;
- Providing academic and technical legal input for presentations, articles, news flashes;
- Monitoring trends and providing advice on market developments affecting our practice;
- Managing information (such as new regulations, changes and updates, doctrine and case law) and drafting publications for clients (such as newsletters and newsflashes)
- Involvement in innovative processes and the follow-up and implementation of digitalization and LegalTech initiatives;
- Collaborate with your colleagues from the Know How, Marketing, Communication and Business Development, HR and IT department.
- You have a Belgian master's degree in law (or equivalent);
- You have followed at least one course on data protection and privacy law (or IT law more generally) and have a genuine interest to work in this field of law and in litigation and risk management more broadly;
- You have min. 2 years of relevant experience in Belgium; ideally gained in a law or consultancy firm;
- You have a perfect command of Dutch/French, an excellent knowledge of English and at least good passive knowledge of the 2nd Belgian language (Dutch/French);
- You are at ease with information and communication technology and digital know-how and (legal) research systems;
- You have strong analytical skills and you enjoy working out creative, pragmatic solutions.
- You work proactively and you are results-oriented;
- You are a team player, proactive and you have excellent communication skills;
- You are organized and flexible and you can manage multiple projects at the same time;
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- You are eager to develop within a quality professional environment.
- A full or part-time permanent contract (employee or self-employed);
- A varied and challenging position in an inspiring and top-notch environment;
- Passion for solutions is our strength. Loyens & Loeff therefore offers you a professional and international framework in which to develop your talents;
- An inspiring, inclusive and people-oriented work environment where your personal characteristics are valued;
- You will be part of a talented team and you will work in close collaboration with the head Partners of the department;
- Room for own initiatives and ideas;
- A modern, informal and dynamic working environment, easily accessible by public transport;
- Extensive learning and development opportunities;
- A competitive salary, adapted to your level of experience.
Do not forget to upload your CV and cover letter.