Want to join a company with a century-long tradition of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit that pushes the limits of the smart lighting industry? A company that requires employees to broaden their expertise to not only light urban environments but also deliver services for engaging and interactive public spaces. With a rich heritage in engineering, environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable lighting has always been part of our DNA. With connectivity more vital more ever, as Experts in Lightability™, we propose lighting infrastructure that will play a pivotal role in building Smart Cities. A family-owned Belgian company with headquarters in Brussels, we are present in over 70 countries on 5 continents.
Will you take the challenge? Let’s light up the future together!
Currently, we are looking for a Group Counsel Corporate and M&A in Brussel, Belgium to be part of our global team working together towards our mission – to bring meaningful moments to people in connected public spaces. As our Group Counsel Corporate and M&A, you will provide legal support to Schréder group’s businesses worldwide.
- Structure and manage corporate governance regarding Schréder Group and its subsidiaries
- Advise on the incorporation, liquidation, acquisitions and merger of companies
- Support intragroup restructurings (mergers and demergers, intragroup share transfers, etc.)
- Get actively involved in all stages of a transaction or corporate project, ranging from the initial structuring phase until the signing/closing of the transaction
- Respond general corporate law and corporate governance related questions
- Supervise corporate housekeeping activities of the group, including power of attorney and UBO requests
- Contribute to elaborate various internal policies and procedures
- Manage business and legal risks
- Train and guide business partners
- If an external legal counsel is involved, handle the client-counsel relationship
You will work closely with and directly report to the Chief Legal Officer. You will benefit from the support of a paralegal for the daily workflow and administrative tasks. You will be part of a diverse international legal team with enthusiastic and experienced colleagues that will support you in further developing your talents.
At Schréder, entrepreneurship and a growth mindset are essential. It's not just about who you are but who you want to become with us.
- You hold a Master degree in Law (European jurisdiction) and relevant experience of minimum 8 years as a corporate lawyer and/or as an inhouse corporate legal counsel in an international environment
- You have sound experience with corporate law and M&A
- You are fluent in English and have a good command of (or willingness to learn) French. Additional European languages (Spanish, German, or other…) are an asset
- You are customer focused, solution oriented and ensure timely follow-up with a sense of urgency
- You are flexible regarding working hours
- You have strong organizational and project management skills, capable of managing multiple projects
- You are a team player and able to work independently and autonomously
- You are open minded, a good listener, easily approachable and appreciative of cultural differences
- You are able to analyze and advise on complex legal matters and to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels in and outside the company
- You have a business ethical mindset
- You are prepared to travel on an occasional basis
At Schréder, every employee is valued for his or her skill set. We actively look for and choose employees based on their experience and the value they bring to the company.
A positive work environment : You can expect to work in an environment that is safe, supportive, and free from discrimination or harassment.
Flexibility at work : For all functions that allow it, we encourage hybrid working, as working in person and remotely has benefits.
Growth opportunities : You will be part of a global company that encourages your employees to learn and develop daily and pursue their career goals at Schréder. Our soul is entrepreneurial, so take some risks, allow yourself to get out of your comfort zone and grow with us!
Open communication : We encourage open communication between employees and managers and feedback and suggestions between all organisational levels.
Shared purpose : If you will be here with us, we share the same values.
Deeper connections : We are friendly and open to those who arrive, see great value in our differences and diversity, and work together with trust and collaboration.
On top of that, in addition to a competitive and attractive compensation package, we offer a great number of extra-legal advantages such as flexible working hours, structural homeworking, a market competitive salary, performance bonus, company car, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, pension provision, medical & hospitalization insurance, net allowances and a laptop.
Respect is one of our Values. Inclusivity is part of who we are, so we encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
At Schréder, we commit ourselves to co-creating an environment where passionate people work and win together, learn and have fun. Let Join us!
We would like to hear from you if you have any feedback about our recruitment process. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.