Linklaters LLP is a law firm advising the world’s leading companies, financial institutions and governments on their most strategic transactions and assignments. With offices in major business and financial centres, we deliver an outstanding service to our clients anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a dynamic marketing and business development professional to help further strengthen our market positioning and offering to clients through a mix of targeted business development, marketing and communication initiatives, in Belgium and internationally. The position represents a unique opportunity to make a difference in a highly dynamic and rapidly evolving market.
As a Business Development & Marketing Advisor, you are at the heart of our firm’s strategy.
- Together with the team, you will be responsible for Business development and marketing to support profile-raising and profitable revenue growth for Belgium, with a focus on selected practices, among others: Real Estate.
- You will provide support to the practices in their pitching to clients and in relation to their client relationship management in general.
- You will drive research and analysis of key clients and targets to ensure trends and business development opportunities are identified, in close collaboration with the global Linklaters teams.
- You will share information with key stakeholders and promote the firm’s expertise with other colleagues to enable cross selling of expertise internally between practices and towards clients.
- You will prepare your stakeholders for effective relationship and BD meetings with clients, provide tailored briefing notes and client relationship summaries.
- You will assist our lawyers in developing their personal brand (both internally and externally) and contribute to our PR and branding as a top international law firm
- Proven experience in business development, marketing, and/or communications; and a passion for providing fantastic client service.
- Strong commercial and market awareness with a focus on leading companies and institutions active in Belgium. You have a good understanding of our global offering and legal services.
- You’ll definitely need a flair for driving projects successfully; with excellent attention to detail.
- You’ll collaborate closely and build strong relationship with a Brussels-based team as well as across our global network.
- You have high levels of energy, assertiveness, determination and resilience.
- You have credibility to work effectively with senior stakeholders, strong communication and drafting skills as well as a sense of diplomacy;
- You have a thorough knowledge of English. French and/or Dutch are an asset.
- An exciting role that leaves scope for initiative.
- An exceptional learning experience in a truly international environment, where development is supported by ongoing in-house global and local training.
- Becoming an integral member of our diverse business team in Belgium and a part of a global network of marketing professionals.
- A top-of-the-market remuneration package and extra-legal benefit schemes.
- Flexible working environment, support in managing expectations and commitments to balance life outside work.
The firm operates as a meritocracy and, therefore, selection for recruitment is on merit, irrespective of race or ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
This list of duties and responsibilities above is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.