In recent years, Nonzerosum has provided legal support to companies of various scales and in a wide variety of sectors. This focus gives us an edge in drawing out the right legal profiles and selecting the appropriate candidate for that crucial position in the organisation.
Here, our network within the legal world and our 3 operating pillars at Nonzerosum provides the right complementarity to attract the most suitable candidates.
Our client is an international company (active in 14 countries around the world, but managed from Belgium). We are looking for a Dutch native Data Protection Legal Expert with a professional level knowledge of English.
As a Data Protection Legal Expert, you will be responsible for ensuring that our company adheres to all the legal standards as well as internal policies and procedures. The GDPR compliance program will become your biggest challenge. You will advise and assist internal customers in order to guarantee compliance of personal data processing carried out in accordance with the legal and regulatory provisions.
As Data Protection Legal Expert you will among others:
- Carry out analyses of the legality of personal data processing and make recommendations.
- Assist the Business Units in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Act as a contact person for the Business Units in order to inform them about the creation of new tools, collect information and follow up on recommendations.
- Develop standard tools and documents (standard conventions, guidelines, standard letters, etc.).
- Monitor compliance with data protection laws and policies of the organisation.
- Answer questions and participate in the possible investigations of the Data Protection Authority.
- Assist in drafting of privacy information notices.
- Prepare and give internal awareness trainings in order to make employees aware of their obligations, risks and the use of standard tools.
- Keep abreast of all evolutions and developments in existing regulations applicable to Privacy and Data Protection in order to be able to provide adequate support and update internal policies in line with these developments.
- Carry out specialized legal researches in the field of more complex data processing (international transfers, processing of sensitive data, camera imaging, etc.).
- Give support on data breach notifications.
- Assist the Business Units in the negotiation of data processing agreements.
In your role of Data Protection Legal Expert, you are clearly a dynamic team player who combines solid strategic thinking with an innovative and creative approach. We highlight the following qualities:
- You have a proven track record (at least 4 years of experience) as Privacy legal counsel in a medium or large company, combined with a master degree in Law.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Belgian, European & International regulations in the scope of Privacy and Data Protection.
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication for legality and high ethical standards are the foundations of your professional background.
- You have experience in project management.
- You can think analytically and solve problems.
- You can work under pressure, with an eye for detail and with tight deadlines.
- You have strong influencing and networking skills (thanks to your engaging character, your flexibility and your inclusive character).
- You have strong communication skills, in Dutch, French and English.
Our client offers, in addition to a monthly salary, a wide range of benefits, including meal vouchers, a company car, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, disability insurance, 20 days' leave and 7 additional statutory leave days, an end-of-year bonus, double holiday pay and many benefits for more than 100 company partners.
This is where we really stand out:
- You won’t stop growing. Thanks to our many training programs and the many career opportunities.
- In the coming years, our client will pursue additional growth opportunities, internally and externally, within the frame of its core competences. Admittedly, this creates some complexity, but above all, it creates many challenging projects (from which you get full ownership).
- The atmosphere, the collegiality and the inclusive culture are unique. And we will prove it.
- You can focus 100% on your job, while being optimally supported by our internal services.
- You can count on a flexible homeworking policy. Work-life balance is not a goal, but an evidence.
- You are part of an international story. After a series of acquisitions, we have expanded our geographical footprint to 14 countries around the world. Internationally active, but managed from Belgium.
- With the flexible My Benefits My Choice plan, you can tailor your benefits to your needs. Decide for yourself what you need and where you want to spend less on.