AG Insurance is a Belgian insurer that markets both life and non-life insurance. It is the market leader in life insurance and employee benefits and the second largest insurer in non-life insurance.
For our client, AG Insurance, we are looking for a Compliance Officer with 3 to 5 years of experience in compliance. Dutch or French native speaker, with good knowledge of the other language and a very good command of English.
Within the Compliance Office, the Compliance Officer, approved by the regulatory authority, reports to AG Insurance's Chief Risk Officer (CRO). The Compliance Office is one of the control functions required by law. Its main mission is to ensure the monitoring of compliance with laws, regulations, internal rules, and ethical standards. This aspect is crucial for AG Insurance's integrity and its reputation.
Your responsabilities as a Compliance Officer:
- You will contribute to the effectiveness of the compliance function by collaborating closely with a network of compliance contacts in various operational departments
- You will assist the Head of Compliance in identifying and evaluating different compliance risks
- You will provide guidance to the operational departments on compliance-related matters
- You will oversee the effectiveness of controls identified by the 1st lign and will prioritise monitoring of different compliance risks
- You will assist the Head of Compliance in preparing action plans and monitoring programs with the operational departments
- You will ensure that compliance policies are updated based on the latest legislation- You hold a master's degree in law
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in compliance
- You have a good knowledge of the financial sector, the insurance sector and risk management
- You are a native French or Dutch speaker and have a good knowledge of the other national language. You also have an excellent command of English
- You can work independently
- You are a team player and want to contribute to the achievement of group goals
- You are good at giving presentations, can advocate for your position, and persuade others
- You demonstrate assertiveness and have a critical mindset- A varied and high level position at the leading Belgian insurer
- An opportunity to progress within an experienced team
- The opportunity to develop a long-term career
- A good work/life balance with remote working facilities and flexible working hours
- An attractive and innovative salary package