NN Insurance is a life insurance company that protects its customers by providing solid product solutions. With 1.6 million customers, 600 employees and an annual turnover of 1 billion euros, it is one of the 5 largest life insurance companies in Belgium. It is part of strong international group and merged with Delta Lloyd Life in 2018.
For our client, NN Insurance, we are looking for a Legal Advisor Life with a first professional experience and affinity for the life insurance sector. Dutch native speaker, with very good command of English.
As Legal Advisor Life, you will be part of a transversal legal department and will be involved in a wide range of legal topics within the insurance sector. Together with your legal colleagues, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Analysing a variety of legal issues related to NN's activities and strategic development. These issues relate to the interpretation or application of various sets of laws with which the company is required to comply (insurance law, business law, corporate law, GDPR, distribution, tax, competition law, etc.)
- Answering ad hoc legal questions from the company's management and operational departments and, if necessary, maintaining contacts with external partners
- Drafting or drawing up contracts (subcontracting, distribution, commercial partnerships)
- Working on the development of (new) life insurance products (drafting and validating contractual documents or advertising material)
- Participating in meetings with Assuralia, business partners, etc.
- Providing support in the management of complaints and disputes
- You hold a Master’s degree in Law
- You have acquired a first professional experience and have an affinity for the life insurance sector. A specialisation in insurance law is a plus
- You are a Dutch native speaker and have a very good knowledge of English
- You enjoy getting out of your comfort zone and are willing to learn about all matters related to the activities of an insurance company and its strategy
- You are structured, analytical and good at producing decisive summaries
- You have a sense of discretion and have good verbal and written skills
- You are solution-oriented and pragmatic
- You dare to take initiatives and are able to adapt to changing circumstances
- A varied and formative function with intellectual challenges
- A respectful, united and hard-working team with a good atmosphere
- The opportunity to develop your talents and your career
- Personalised training programmes, workshops, coaching and on-the-job learning
- A good work-life balance, with remote working possibilities, flexible working and a fitness area
- A pleasant working environment, next to Brussels South station
- An attractive salary package with many fringe benefits