D’Ieteren Group is a listed family-controlled investment company that seeks to build a family of businesses and create a long term partnership with them through an active shareholdership approach.
The Group currently has six operational businesses:
- D’Ieteren Auto (100% owned) – the historic family business and exclusive importer and distributor of VW Group vehicles in Belgium.
- Belron (50% owned) – the worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement (known under the brand “Carglass”).
- Moleskine (100% owned), a premium and aspirational lifestyle brand that develops and sells iconic branded notebooks and writing, travel and reading accessories.
- D’Ieteren Immo (100% owned) – the real estate arm, which actively develops and manages the real estate portfolio of D’Ieteren in Belgium.
- TVH Parts (40%), is a leading global independent distributor for aftermarket parts for material handling, construction & industrial, and agricultural equipment.
- PHE (100%) is a leader in the independent distribution of spare parts for vehicles in Western Europe, present in France, Benelux, Italy and Spain.
The Group is managed by the Corporate Team, acting as a holding investment firm. The Corporate Team is composed of approximately 20 professionals and is based in Brussels (Ixelles).
To support the Secretary General/Chief Legal Officer of the Group (“CLO”), our client is currently looking for a Legal Counsel with 4 to 7 years of experience in M&A and corporate matters.
The CLO is in charge of (1) general corporate matters (including secretary general responsibility), (2) group M&A projects and (3) a coordination role regarding legal matters within the operational businesses.
As part of the Corporate Team and reporting to the CLO, you will assist on the following matters :
- M&A projects (providing legal assistance (from “A to Z”) in new investments or divestments, including legal due diligence, contract negotiation, management incentive plans, corporate restructurings, etc.).
- Listed company related issues (market abuse regulation, corporate governance, contacts with FSMA, share buyback programmes, etc.).
- General corporate matters (organization of the shareholders meetings, board of directors, annual report, internal processes, etc.).
- Contract drafting and reviewing (including financing, insurance and service contracts).
- Legal support on ESG matters.
- Occasional legal matters regarding the operational businesses.
- Management reward plans.
You will be part of the Corporate Team based in Brussels (Ixelles) and report to the Chief Legal Officer (also in charge of HR for D’Ieteren Group).
You will interact mainly with the members of the Corporate Team (including the Executive Committee members), as well as frequently with the legal officers in the operational businesses and various external parties (lawyers, auditors, experts, regulators, competition authorities, etc.)
- You obtained a Master in Law. An LLM is an asset but not a requirement.
- You have 4 to 7 years of experience in M&A and Corporate, gained preferably in an international law firm.
- You are fluent in English and French and have a good knowledge of Dutch.
- You are a team player, able to work closely with other departments within the organization and you have good communication skills.
- You are dynamic, hands-on, analytical, social and proactive.
Our client offers you a challenging and highly diversified job within the small but dynamic and highly professional Corporate Team of a large international group.
You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package, in line with your competencies and experiences, including fringe benefits.