Fluxys est le gestionnaire indépendant de l'infrastructure de transport, de transit et de stockage de gaz naturel en Belgique.
Fluxys is an infrastructure company operating on the North-Western European natural gas market. Fluxys Belgium is appointed as the independent system operator in Belgium. Fluxys transports (and stores) natural gas from the border to distribution system operators, electricity power plants and major industrial consumers. Fluxys also transmits natural gas through Belgium to other locations in Europe. Elsewhere in North-Western Europe, Fluxys is developing partnerships with and stakes in companies in various domains, including natural gas transmission.
Fluxys LNG owns and operates Zeebrugge LNG terminal, the gateway to LNG (liquefied natural gas) supply in North-Western Europe. Any LNG unloaded at the terminal can be redelivered for consumption on the Belgian market, traded on the Zeebrugge Hub or transmitted to other end-user markets across Europe, including the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, France and Southern Europe.
Fluxys SA, parent company, is looking for a Head of Legal and Corporate in order to ensure the Group operates within the law at all times, facilitate the growth of the company and business development, and ensure compliance and limit risk exposure by setting the internal governance structure, the legal framework and policies, by providing senior advice to Direction and evaluating and weighing multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action, and by ensuring that the necessary resources are available.
The Head of Legal and Corporate will also be responsible to accompany the development of the Fluxys Group and its transformations in the context of the energy transition and changes in the legal and regulatory framework, taking into account the new partnerships entered into by the company and the ESG objectives.
Your main responsibilities will, among others, include:
- Manage and structure the legal, ethics and corporate secretary team in close collaboration with the company secretary to keep the organization fit, robust and motivated;
- Organise the monitoring of relevant legal cases and disputes for the Fluxys Group, both at the level of the parent company Fluxys SA and in coordination with the subsidiaries' legal teams for the cases that concern them;
- Elaborate and implement appropriate ethics and compliance culture and policies including with specific action for the Business outside Europe;
- Monitor and implement applicable company law and corporate governance rules and principles including stock market legislation and sectorial regulation for Fluxys Belgium and anticipate changes to the law and propose solutions;
- Implement corporate restructuration (merger, split, branch transfer, etc.) and new structure for business development and M&A projects;
- Proactively work on the continuous improvement of the working procedures and environment, develop best practices and other improvement proposals with a transversal view and facilitate change by focusing on organizational effectiveness.
- You will report to the Group General Counsel.
Profile and Job Requirements
- You have a Master in Law and a good knowledge of corporate and commercial law. A major or an additional degree in business management is an asset.
- Knowledge of or interest in the energy sector is a plus.
- You have at least 10 years of experience as an inhouse legal counsel or as a lawyer, preferably with international experience and knowledge of listed companies, as well as public offering.
- Dutch or French is your mother tongue and you have a good knowledge of the other national language. You are fluent in English (spoken and in writing).
- You have a sense of detail in your legal work with the pragmatism and flexibility needed for business activities.
- You are able to collaborate with non-legal departments in good understanding.
- You have excellent communication and organisation skills.
- You are a strategic thinker and are able to a global understanding of the challenges of the Group.
- Dynamism and motivation are part of your personality.