KBC Group was created in 2005 as a result of the merger of KBC Bank and Insurance Holding Company and its parent company, Almanij. KBC Bank & Insurance Holding Company itself was established in 1998 following the merger of three Belgian financial institutions. The Group's corporate history is a testament to the successful expansion into growth countries of Central and Eastern Europe which have joined the European Union in 2004, viz. Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia. KBC employs some 50 000 people and caters for twelve million customers.
International politics has an important impact on our business at KBC, as well as the businesses of our clients. While that may not always be visible from the outside world, you know it’s the case. Why? Because, as our Embargo Advisor, it’s your area of expertise.
Conflict areas, totalitarian regimes, the financing of terrorism ... The international community reacts to each of these by imposing financial and trade embargos. As the relationships between countries are becoming increasingly complex, embargo provisions are doing the same.
As a member of the Group Compliance Embargo Team, you focus on the follow-up of UN, OFAC (US), OFSI (UK), EU and Belgian embargo provisions and their transformation into workable policy with concrete guidelines for KBC on embargos. We provide advice, give the collaboration within the group a practical form and ensure the exchange of knowledge on this material.
- You follow up national and international embargo provisions.
- You collaborate on the development of embargo policy.
- You provide internal services, our offices and local entities with concrete advice.
- You write policy guidelines and procedures and ensure they’re implemented practically.
- You shape the group-wide collaboration on embargos. For this, you work with collaborations tools like Sharepoint, Teams and Skype, and with colleagues spread across the entire group.
- You work closely with your colleagues from the Shared Service Center in (Czech Republic): you consult with them and make practical working agreements.
- You take care of second-line processing of payments and the screening of our client databases.
- You have a master’s degree in law, criminology or economy, or the equivalent experience.
- You’ll find a few years of related experience is a plus point. For example, experience in a bank branch, in the compliance, auditing or legal department of a company, the legal profession or at an external auditing firm will all work to your favour. Do you have experience giving training? It’s an extra bonus!
- Your strong analysis and synthesis skills help you to communicate succinctly and clearly. In this way, you fluently relate the essentials of a legal provision to your colleagues.
- Your Dutch is excellent and you have a very good knowledge of English, This is indispensable as a lot of texts about embargos are published in English and as standard, (external) courses are taught in English. Knowledge of French is also important for communication with your colleagues at CBC.
- You’re comfortable working with digital programs like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Skype, Teams, and so forth.
- You’re interested in new developments such as RPA and AI, as well as their use in a day-to-day operational environment.
- You take a practical approach, enjoy working on a project basis, and making a difference with your healthy, critical eye.
- Compliance becomes more important every day. Expect an interesting job in a growing environment in which you too will grow.
- There is a pleasant atmosphere on the work floor thanks to fantastic colleagues and an open culture. You work together with colleagues from across the entire group. These international contacts make your job varied and interesting.
- You’re given on-the-job training and are coached by a senior colleague. This way, you’ll quickly find your way in the organisation, with your expertise growing every day. You also follow seminars, conferences and training courses.
- You will receive a permanent contract with a competitive salary, including an extensive package of additional benefits.
- Our offices are easily accessible by public transport. You’re also welcome to work from home part of the time.
- We value a good balance between your work and private life.
"As a compliance advisor, I work with colleagues from across all KBC. It’s not just nice, it’s very educational. My role contributes to fulfilling regulations, all to the benefit of the client. In short, a challenging role in good company!"
Melissa, Compliance advisor